One of the many exciting ways to become involved with the Social Justice Art Festival is to volunteer.
If you can volunteer to help during the Social Justice Art Festival, please fill out the volunteer application. You will be contacted by a committee member with more information.
We need general volunteers in the following areas, but they are subject to change closer to the date:
- Greeters: welcome people as they come into the building
- Docent Tours: guiding visitors through a tour of the School of Social Work’s wonderful collection of art – must be available to attend 1-hour training, at a date to be determined
- Performance Art Steward: maintain schedule and flow of performance art and viewers; in some circumstances, this could include discussion facilitation about the work performed
- Participatory / Collaborative Art Facilitator: create art with participants who wish to reflect upon their Art Fair experiences through collaborative art-making. Participants may be both children and adults
- Gallery Maintenance & Clean-Up: help maintain the building’s tidiness by periodically checking for litter or debris around the gallery
We are also looking for volunteers to help with publicity prior to the event:
- Publicity: passing out flyers around campus and the Ann Arbor community